Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Surgery) in Turkey
As we age, the natural effects of gravity lead to skin sagging, including issues like eyelid bagging, skin looseness, discoloration, relaxation, and wrinkles. Additionally, factors like sun exposure, air pollution, irregular sleep, excessive smoking, and alcohol consumption can accelerate the skin’s aging process. This aging process highlights the importance of blepharoplasty, a precise surgical procedure designed to rejuvenate and enhance the appearance of the eyes, which plays a crucial role in facial expressions and overall attractiveness. Blepharoplasty primarily focuses on the upper and lower eyelids and their surrounding areas.
Lerra Clinic provides in-depth knowledge about Blepharoplasty, or eyelid surgery in Turkey, its benefits, different types, candidacy criteria, the recovery process, and why Lerra Clinic is your ideal destination for eyelid surgery in Turkey.
What is Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty is a precise surgical procedure that aims to rejuvenate and enhance the appearance of the eyes, a key aspect of cosmetic surgery. This surgery primarily targets the upper and lower eyelids and their surrounding areas. The eyes are a prominent facial feature, influencing facial expressions and overall attractiveness.
Blepharoplasty, also known as eyelid surgery, corrects excess skin and/or fat in the eyelid area. It addresses issues related to excessive skin and fat, both above and below the eyes. The procedure can focus on the upper, lower, or both eyelids, depending on individual needs. Additionally, surgeons may choose to enhance the orbital rim for aesthetic purposes as part of the surgery.
What are the Purposes of Eyelid Surgery?
Eyelid surgery serves several crucial purposes:
Laxity or Excess Skin on the Eyelids
One of the primary purposes of blepharoplasty is to correct sagging or excess skin on the eyelids. Over time, the skin around the eyes can lose its elasticity, leading to a tired or aged appearance.
Eye Bags from Periorbital Fat
Eyelid surgery is effective in addressing eye bags caused by an excess of fat in the periorbital (around the eye) area. These bags can make the eyes appear puffy and tired.
Excess Skin Above the Eyes
The surgery can also target excess skin in the crease area of the eyelids, helping to restore a more youthful and vibrant appearance.
Eyelid drooping, especially in the lower eyelids, can create a sad and tired look. Blepharoplasty can address this concern by targeting either the upper eyelids (upper blepharoplasty), lower eyelids (lower blepharoplasty), or both (complete blepharoplasty), depending on the specific needs of the patient.
In some cases, eyelid swellings can lead to issues like redness, tearing, or a narrowed visual field. Blepharoplasty can alleviate these problems by addressing the underlying causes of eyelid swelling.
Types of Blepharoplasty
There are several distinct types of blepharoplasty procedures, each tailored to address specific concerns.
Here are the key differences between the various types of blepharoplasty procedures:
Primary Concerns Addressed:
Excess fat deposits
Rejuvenates upper eye area
Provides a refreshed look
Primary Concerns Addressed:
Fine lines and wrinkles
Creates a smoother lower eye area
Restores a rested appearance
Upper eyelids (for Asian patients)
Primary Concerns Addressed:
Creating or enhancing eyelid crease
Defines the eyelid contour
Achieves a natural-looking crease
Lower eyelids (minimal scarring)
Primary Concerns Addressed:
Addressing fat deposits
Minimizes visible scarring
Smooth lower eyelids naturally
These procedures offer tailored solutions to address specific concerns related to the eyelids and the surrounding areas. Your choice of blepharoplasty type will depend on your unique goals and the recommendations of your surgeon during the consultation. Each procedure is designed to provide aesthetic improvements while preserving a natural appearance.
Candidates for Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Surgery) in Turkey
Not everyone is an ideal candidate for blepharoplasty. Suitable candidates typically possess the following characteristics:
- Good Overall Health: Candidates should be in good physical and mental health, as this ensures a smoother and safer surgical experience.
- Realistic Expectations: It’s important to have realistic expectations about the outcomes of the surgery. While blepharoplasty can achieve significant improvements, it’s not a guarantee of perfection.
- Specific Eyelid Concerns: Candidates should have specific concerns related to their upper and/or lower eyelids. These might include sagging skin, puffiness, or a tired appearance that they wish to address.
- Non-smokers: Smoking can adversely affect the healing process. Candidates are generally encouraged to quit smoking before and after surgery to optimize their chances of successful recovery.
Your initial consultation at Lerra Clinic will involve a thorough evaluation of your candidacy, during which our experienced surgeons will assess your health, discuss your goals, and determine if eyelid surgery is the appropriate solution for you.
Benefits of Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Surgery) in Turkey
Eyelid Surgery known as blepharoplasty has both aesthetically pleasing and practical benefits.
The reshaping and lifting of the skin that runs along the entire region of the eye represents a synthesis of what a professionally performed blepharoplasty in Turkey can do.
Eyelid Surgery in Turkey can remove any obstructions from the field of vision by carefully shaping the thin tissue that runs along both the top and bottom of the eye.
Blepharoplasty is also to be considered a surgical procedure that physically tightens the skin of the upper part of the face (that is inherent to the gaze), improving peripheral vision, especially if there are sagging or pathologies affecting the eyelids.
Below is a series of Benefits of Blepharoplasty(Eyelid Surgery) in Turkey
- Contingency of eyelid ptosis
- Elimination/reduction of eye bags
- Reduction of general swelling around the eyes
- Mitigates the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on the lower eyelid
- Restores a youthful appearance
- Improve the breadth of your vision
- Removal of excess lipid tissue in the upper region of the face
Do not hesitate to get in touch with Lerra Clinic , so that you can take advantage of the benefits of blepharoplasty in Turkey for your personal short, medium, or long-term goals.
Your Step-by-Step Guide to Eyelid Surgery in Turkey
- Consultation: Your journey begins with a thorough consultation at Lerra Clinic. This is a crucial step where you’ll have the opportunity to discuss your goals, concerns, and medical history with our highly skilled surgeons. They will evaluate your candidacy and help you set realistic expectations for the surgery.
- Anesthesia: Eyelid surgery is performed under anesthesia to ensure your comfort throughout the procedure. Your surgeon will discuss the type of anesthesia that will be used during your surgery, whether it’s local anesthesia with sedation or general anesthesia.
- Incisions: Tiny, strategically placed incisions are made along the natural creases of your eyelids. This careful placement minimizes visible scarring. For lower eyelid surgery, incisions can also be made on the inner surface of the lower eyelid (transconjunctival approach) to avoid external scarring.
- Tissue Adjustment: Once the incisions are made, your surgeon will address the specific concerns you’ve discussed during your consultation. This may involve removing excess skin, repositioning or excising fat, and tightening underlying muscles to achieve the desired aesthetic outcome.
- Closure: After the necessary adjustments are made, the incisions are meticulously closed with sutures or surgical adhesive. Your surgeon’s skill in this step is crucial in achieving optimal results.
- Recovery: As you awaken from anesthesia, you’ll be closely monitored by our medical team. Following surgery, you’ll receive detailed post-operative instructions to ensure a smooth and successful recovery.
Recovery and Aftercare following blepharoplasty
- Swelling and Bruising: It’s normal to experience some swelling and bruising in the days following surgery. This is a natural part of the healing process and typically subsides gradually over a few weeks.
- Rest: Adequate rest is essential for proper healing. You should plan to take time off work and avoid strenuous activities during the initial recovery period.
- Medications: Your surgeon will prescribe pain relievers to manage any discomfort, as well as antibiotics to prevent infection. It’s important to take these medications as directed.
- Eye Drops: If needed, your surgeon may provide you with lubricating eye drops to keep your eyes moist and comfortable during the healing process.
- Follow-up Appointments: Regular follow-up appointments with your surgeon are crucial to monitor your progress. Your surgeon will assess your healing, remove sutures as necessary, and provide guidance on your ongoing recovery.
Why Choose Lerra Clinic for Blepharoplasty?
Choosing the right clinic and surgeon for your blepharoplasty in Turkey is paramount to the success of your eyelid surgery in Turkey.
Here’s why Lerra Clinic stands out as a premier destination for blepharoplasty in Turkey:
- Expertise: Our team of surgeons at Lerra Clinic possesses extensive experience and expertise in performing the best blepharoplasty procedures in Turkey. They have successfully completed numerous blepharoplasty surgeries, honing their skills and delivering outstanding results.
- State-of-the-Art Facilities: We take pride in utilizing the latest surgical techniques and state-of-the-art technology to ensure that you receive the highest standard of care.
Our modern clinic is designed to provide you with a safe and comfortable environment throughout your medical journey.
- Personalized Care: We tailor our approach to your specific needs and goals. Your consultation and treatment plan is customized to ensure your satisfaction and comfort.
- International Patients: Lerra Clinic welcomes international patients and is well-equipped to provide comprehensive support throughout your journey. We can assist with travel and accommodation arrangements to make your experience as smooth as possible.
Blepharoplasty Turkey Cost
The average cost of blepharoplasty in Turkey typically falls between $2,000 and $2,400. However, several factors can influence the overall price of eye bag surgery in Turkey, including:
- Type of Procedure: The specific type of blepharoplasty you choose (upper, lower, or both) will influence the cost. More extensive procedures may be priced differently.
- Surgeon’s Expertise: The experience and reputation of the surgeon can impact the cost. Highly skilled and renowned surgeons may charge more for their services.
- Clinic Location: The location of the clinic also plays a role. Istanbul, being a major medical hub, may have slightly higher costs compared to other cities in Turkey.
- Inclusions: The cost may include various elements such as surgical fees, anesthesia, hospital fees, and follow-up appointments.
On average, the cost of eyelid surgery in Turkey is notably more affordable compared to many Western countries. While cost is an important consideration, it should not be the sole determining factor in your decision. The qualifications and reputation of your surgeon and the quality of care you receive should be your top priorities.
During your consultation at Lerra Clinic, you will receive a personalized quote that reflects your unique needs and goals. Our team will be transparent about all associated costs and ensure that you have a clear understanding of your financial investment in the procedure.
Before and After Blepharoplasty Considerations
These considerations include the problems that led to the decision to have blepharoplasty as well as any improvements or additional procedures that may be performed as part of the process, which will ultimately give the area around the eyes a more rested and rejuvenated appearance.
- Swelling and Fluid Retention: Swelling in both the upper and lower eyelids can result from fluid retention and the expansion of fatty tissue around the eyes. This can occur due to factors like general fatigue, visual strain, eating habits, and genetics.
- Initial Containment: Initially, the eyelids have mechanisms to counteract swelling, including a fibrous containment septum, elastic muscles, and skin. Rest, lymphatic drainage, and suitable anti-edema creams are effective treatments at this stage.
- Skin Elasticity Loss: Over time, the skin on the eyelids may lose elasticity, leading to characteristic skin folds on the upper eyelid.
- Lower Eyelid Concerns: Relaxation of skin and muscles in the lower eyelid can create multiple skin folds and depressions.
- Dark Circles: “Dark circles” can be caused by skin pigmentations due to fluid stagnation and pigment deposits. They can also result from the downward movement of fatty tissue, exposing the orbital bone margin. When beautician treatments are no longer effective, consulting a plastic surgeon is advisable.
- Sagging Skin Resolution: Blepharoplasty addresses sagging eyelid skin by removing herniated fat, reshaping the relaxed orbicularis muscle, and eliminating excess skin.
- Enhancing Visual Field: For some, sagging eyelid skin can narrow the visual field. Blepharoplasty can improve this issue.
- Expression Enhancement: Blepharoplasty can refresh the appearance of the eyes, removing the tired and sad expressions caused by sagging skin.
- Additional Procedures: Depending on individual needs, other procedures like canthopexy (raising the lateral canthus of the eyelids), brow lift (raising the eyebrow), or laser treatments for the skin around the eyes may be performed alongside blepharoplasty.
- Invisible Scars: Incisions for blepharoplasty are strategically placed to ensure practically invisible scars.
Blepharoplasty Before and After Results
Your experience with Lerra Clinic will be satisfying thanks to our stellar reputation for satisfying patients and safety, and for providing excellent Blepharoplasty results in Turkey and honest recommendations. Here are a few of our Blepharoplasty results.
Blepharoplasty is typically not a painful procedure. Most patients report feeling only mild discomfort during the initial recovery period. Your surgeon will prescribe pain medication to manage any discomfort, and this discomfort usually subsides within a few days.
The recovery timeline varies from person to person, but typically involves a few key phases. Initial swelling and bruising may subside within two weeks, allowing many patients to return to their normal activities. However, the full healing process can take several months, during which subtle improvements continue to appear.
Yes, blepharoplasty can correct certain vision problems caused by sagging upper eyelids that obstruct your field of view. This functional benefit can be especially significant for individuals with severe eyelid drooping.
Like any surgical procedure, there are potential risks and complications associated with blepharoplasty. These can include infection, scarring, asymmetry, and adverse reactions to anesthesia. However, the risks are significantly reduced when the procedure is performed by a skilled surgeon in an accredited clinic like Lerra Clinic. During your consultation, your surgeon will provide detailed information about potential risks and how they are mitigated.
The duration of eyelid surgery depends on the type and complexity of the procedure. On average, the surgery can last anywhere from 1 to 2 hours. Your surgeon will provide a more accurate estimate during your consultation.
The results of blepharoplasty are long-lasting and can endure for many years. However, it's essential to understand that the natural aging process will continue, and some changes may occur over time. The longevity of your results can be influenced by factors like genetics, sun exposure, and lifestyle choices.
Yes, there are non-surgical treatments available, such as dermal fillers and Botox, that can provide temporary improvements in the appearance of the eyelids. However, these non-surgical options may not achieve the same results as surgical blepharoplasty. Your surgeon can discuss these alternatives with you during your consultation.
Yes, blepharoplasty can be combined with other cosmetic procedures, such as facelifts or brow lifts, to achieve a comprehensive facial rejuvenation. Combining procedures can result in a harmonious and balanced appearance.
During your initial consultation at Lerra Clinic, you can expect a comprehensive evaluation of your candidacy. Your surgeon will discuss your goals, medical history, and any questions or concerns you may have. They will then conduct a physical examination to assess the condition of your eyelids and provide recommendations for the most suitable treatment plan.
The duration of your stay in Turkey following blepharoplasty surgery can vary based on your individual needs and your surgeon's recommendations. While most patients can return home within a few days to a week, it's essential to follow your surgeon's post-operative instructions diligently to ensure a safe and successful recovery.
The use of contact lenses after eyelid surgery may be restricted during the initial recovery period. Your surgeon will provide specific instructions regarding when it is safe to resume wearing contact lenses. It's crucial to follow these instructions to promote proper healing and minimize any potential complications.
Blepharoplasty is designed to enhance your natural appearance, not drastically alter it. The goal is to create a refreshed and revitalized look that maintains your unique facial characteristics. You will look like yourself with a more youthful and rejuvenated appearance.
Eyelid surgery can be performed under either local anesthesia with sedation or general anesthesia, depending on the complexity of the procedure and your preference. Your surgeon will discuss the anesthesia options with you during your consultation, taking into account your comfort and safety.
The success rate of eyelid surgery in Turkey is generally high when performed by experienced surgeons in accredited clinics like Lerra Clinic. Our skilled team has a proven track record of successful outcomes, and patient satisfaction is our top priority.
The incisions made during blepharoplasty are strategically placed within the natural creases of the eyelids to minimize visible scarring. Over time, these incisions typically heal well and become inconspicuous, ensuring that your results look natural and aesthetically pleasing.
Non-surgical blepharoplasty refers to non-invasive treatments that can temporarily address some of the cosmetic concerns of the eyelids without the need for surgery. These treatments may include the use of dermal fillers and Botox to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and improve the overall appearance of the eyelids. Your surgeon can discuss whether these non-surgical options are suitable for your specific goals.
Book Your Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Surgery) in Turkey Today at Lerra Clinic
Our dedicated team of experienced surgeons and medical professionals is here to guide you through your Blepharoplasty journey in Turkey. Lerra Clinic combines the artistry of aesthetics with the science of surgery to provide you with exceptional eyelid surgery results and unparalleled care.
Contact us today using this form and our support team will reach out as soon as possible.
Call us today
Send an Email
Visit our HQ
Send us a message
Contact us today using this form and our support team will reach out as soon as possible.